Welcome To Queen Margaret Primary School, Tewkesbury
Queen Margaret Primary School is a dynamic and exciting school that caters for the needs of all its children, where each and every child is at the heart of what we do. We work hard to discern the abilities and needs of each individual child and then provide for them developing the whole child academically and socially on their journey of
discovery and learning. We are passionate about their learning.
One of the most important challenges facing our children is succeeding in a rapidly changing world as adults in a future we can only imagine. To do this all children should enjoy learning, be actively engaged in it and be motivated to be the best they can be with families a central part of that process. Children should experience success, know what that looks and feels like, make consistent progress and have the foundations in place to become life-long learners when they leave primary school. The dedicated team of staff and governors work hard together to fulfil this responsibility, constantly striving to improve what we offer your child.
- l An outstanding bespoke curriculum for all;
- l Exciting and memorable opportunities to learn;
- l Great teaching from a dedicated team;
- l Personalised support for your son or daughter;
- l Working with parents and carers in partnership;
- l A genuine commitment to our local community.
There are a wide range of opportunities for the children at school to enrich their learning further. This currently includes:
- increased extra-curricular activities on offer with over 10 clubs running in any one term;
- taking part in local and regional competitions and tournaments;
- Arts’ week;
- Visits to museums and other local places of interest;
- Use of the outdoor learning environment;
- Opportunities to learn musical instruments in school;
- International school links through the Comenius project which links global issues into the curriculum through a link with schools in different parts of Europe
- Residential trips for children.
We have a fantastic site with a large field and the Noah’s Ark Children’s Centre adjoining. In one corner is the Secret Garden where we have a pond, conservation area and some raised beds for growing vegetables and other plants. There are plans to develop this further this year.
Should you be interested in a place for your child, please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange a visit.
Karen Palin, Head Teacher.
|Latest News & Activities|